Skip to main content

CARO'S GREAT SELECTIONS


There is going to be a new page on the blog and it will be posted once a week. I decided to do it because I would like to discuss in-depth analysis regarding a certain great movie, underrated gems and/or different movies, so don't count "selections" as a bad movie or guilty pleasure pick to make you all suffer if you are sick or stuck at home during a bad rainstorm.

When I will pick a movie, I pick a movie tying in another movie that will be coming out this weekend. For example, X-Men Apocalypse and Alice Through the Looking Glass are both coming out this weekend so I could choose a film from that certain genre or a movie associating with a certain actor such as Michael Fassbender or Johnny Depp. Or, the movie could be associated with a certain theme in which a movie will be based of like revenge, romance or whatever.

I'm still deciding which is the best day to post the Movie Selection but for now, I'll decide that it will be posted each Thursday. So, there will be one up today. I hope you all appreciate it and the link to Caro's Selections will be on the right sidebar above the usual movie reviews.

I hope you enjoy my analyses on my selections each week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), PG-13, ★★1/2

We're about halfway through the Harry Potter franchise and this is the turning point in which I found the material to be darker and more mature when the storyline surrounding Lord Voldemort grows. And, also we see another new and fresh direction as David Yates comes into the spotlight to finish off the franchise with the last four movies. I remember watching the trailer in the theaters and I was excited for this movie as it was mostly action-packed. The bottom line is despite the camaraderie between the young Hogwarts characters and a real-good action sequence in the climax, it is a choppily edited and more grounded movie that does not provoke much magic or memorable scenery. Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) is enduring a hot summer and Dudley (Harry Melling) provokes him by making fun of the fact that Harry is haunted by Cedric's death from The Goblet of Fire and also his mom's death. As a storm approaches, demeanors come into the tunnel sucking Dudley's so...

The Best 10 Talking Movie Animals

I have to admit when thinking about doing a list of the best movie talking animals, live-action or animated, I thought to myself: "This may be an easy list to do." I was certainly proven wrong because when researching every likable character, it was down to about 25-30. What that proves is that animators, storytellers and filmmakers work real hard on not just its special effects, hand drawn or computer animations, but its persona. How do we, the audience or the viewers, connect with a talking animal? How do you all get us to like the animal? About each of the characters I list have a different personality and charm that we have immediately or have grown to adjust to. Plus, I thought that this was a fun list to do bringing back some of the childhood talking animals that I grew up to watch and also maybe show some of much little cousins the characters that are lovable. 10. Mr. Fox (The Fantastic Mr. Fox) 9. Po (Kung Fu Panda series) 8. Baloo (The Jungle Book) 7...

Non-Stop (2014), PG-13, 3 stars

The passengers think Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) is a terrorist. Airports and airplanes. The lines. The crowds. The delays. Everything that Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) hates about flying. When it comes to airports, I have to go through the procedure with taking your carry-on baggage and luggage on the flight. Then, I go through security which I have to admit is not as bad, just follow the rules and guidelines. After security, what do you do? If you are two or three hours early, you have time to kill: Have something to eat, watch something on your IPad, shop, etc. As you board and get on the plane, anything can happen from turbulence to maybe something unexpected like this movie's situation. This movie is silly and preposterous, but it is a fun movie to watch. The movie opens with Bill Marks tired drinking alcohol and arguing with a supervisor on his cellphone glancing at a photo of his daughter. But, he is trying to get his act together by lighting a cigarette while he is being pus...