Skip to main content

My Favorite Horror Movies


Halloween is around the corner and a lot of flesh will be skinned or slashed when it comes to the horror movies talked about on this post. Jk. You know what? A lot of people like to have fun either spooking people or just dressing up in whatever costumes they want to fit in and embody. The horror genre is not my favorite because there are too many horror movies nowadays that somehow are cliched and you can also see the jump scares coming. Now, for 2016, even though it has been a bad year for movies, it has been a banner year for horror movies.

Now, for many directors who have the task to direct these horror films, it is hard to execute a great idea to entertain an audience. You can either surprise, entertain or bore them and most of them I tend to get a bit bored but there are some out there that will get me excited that I went on a full ride with the concept or story. There are some classics or solidly entertaining scary films out there and here are my personal favorites.


The Exorcist (my personal favorite)

Rosemary's Baby

Halloween (1978)

The Shining

Psycho (1960)

Scream

The Cabin in the Woods

The Conjuring

The Fly (1986)

Dawn of the Dead

A Nightmare on Elm Street

It Follows

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmaiden (2016), Unrated, ★★★1/2

What are you up to? Huh? I heard some praise from a few people I know that have seen this film and I was a bit skeptical because unfortunately I do not get the chance to see many foreign films. This movie is based on a British novel that is transposed to a Korean story under a Japanese ruler. I was going into this cold not knowing what the title could lead to or what the story will be about and how this movie will unfold. And, I have to say: Know a little bit of the plot but not much else because the result is a harrowing experience that is twisted, disturbing, erotic, and most of all, classical with such disciplined filmmaking by director Park Chan-Wook. A con man hires a pickpocket named Sook-hee (Kim Tae-ri), who is well-known as she comes from a family of con artists, to become Lady Hideko's (Kim Min-hee) handmaiden. Her mission is to convince Hideko to reject her barbarous uncle, Kouzuki (Cho Jin-Woong) and marry Fujiwara (Ha Jung-Woo), who hired Sook-hee. Kouzuki's

The Best Films of the Year (1999, 2003-2023)

I've posted my lists of the best films over the years, 1999, 2003-2023. You can take a look and glance at them. (Revised on 04/22/2024). 1999 1. The Insider  (Mann) 2. Magnolia  (Anderson) 3. The Matrix  (Wachowskis) 4. Being John Malkovich  (Jonze) 5. Fight Club  (Fincher) 6. The Straight Story  (Lynch) 7. The Talented Mr. Ripley  (Minghella) 8. Eyes Wide Shut  (Kubrick)  9. The Iron Giant  (Bird) 10. American Beauty  (Mendes) 11. The Sixth Sense  (Shyamalan) 12. Topsy-Turvy  (Leigh) 13. Toy Story 2  (Lasseter) 14. All About My Mother  (Almodovar) 15. Galaxy Quest  (Parisot) 2003 1. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King  (Jackson) 2. Lost In Translation   (Coppola) 3. Finding Nemo   (Stanton) 4. Mystic River   (Eastwood) 5. Kill Bill Vol. 1   (Tarantino) 6. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World  (Weir) 7. In America   (Sheridan) 8. Elf   (Favreau) 9. Whale Rider   (Caro) 10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl   (Verbinski) 2004 1. Milli

2015 Movie Reviews

I'm not using Blogger as much on the site to post because I felt that I was losing time and viewership. Unfortunately, I do not think people read my reviews as much anymore. So, if you want to catch or watch my movie reviews. For now, visit my Instagram movie profile, @cine_caro. I edit the videos in a minute or less and I give a brief review it as a voiceover and rate them. So, if you want to catch up, here are the movies that I reviewed this year in 2015 and their ratings. 2015 4 STARS Anomalisa **** The Big Short **** The Revenant **** Spotlight **** Brooklyn **** Room **** Steve Jobs **** The Martian **** Sicario **** The End of the Tour **** Me and Earl and the Dying Girl **** Inside Out **** Mad Max: Fury Road *** Ex Machina **** 3.5 STARS Star Wars: The Force Awakens ***1/2 Carol ***1/2 Creed ***1/2 Beasts of No Nation (NETFLIX) ***1/2 Bridge of Spies ***1/2 Goodnight Mommy ***1/2 Straight Outta Compton ***1/2 The Gift ***1/2 Mission Imposs