Skip to main content

My Top 10 Star Wars Moments


May the Fourth be with you!

Well, even though I have review all of the Star Wars movies on the blog. (You can search for them on the blog. All eight, including Rogue One, are on here on this site.) I decided, because of this day, to compile ten favorite moments, in my personal opinion, from the Star Wars franchise. They could be from the prequels, original trilogy or from Rogue One that deserves be on this esteemed and memorable list.

So, here are the clips.

10. The First Death Star Assault (Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope)

The first assault in space in the Star Wars franchise and imagine how advanced the technology has come from this 1977 movie.

9. Han is Frozen in Carbonite (Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

The moment is pretty epic in terms of acting, dialogue and a great exchange between Leia and Han Solo.

8. Finn & Rey vs. Kylo Ren (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)

There are some cool moments in this movie but you have to admit, even though it is a bit flawed in its revelation, it was great to see Rey fight against Kylo Ren.

7. Execute Order 66 (Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith)

This is one of the sadder moments of the Star Wars franchise in which almost all of the Jedi are killed as the Empire has started to form.

6. Battle of Hoth (Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

This is in three parts because this is a long battle but come on, these Imperial Walkers are so cool.

5. Speeder Bike Chase (Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)

Now, this is pod racing. When I watched this for the first time, I was enthralled by how fast these bikes were and a little afraid that Luke and Leia were going to crash onto the tree and die. Plus, the sound and special effects were awesome.

4. Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul (Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace)

A lot of people including myself don't like this movie as much as the other because of too much political mumbo-jumbo. (Episode II is worse with dialogue between Anakin and Padme.) However, this duel is worth the viewing. It was awesome to watch in the theater when I was younger.

3. Darth Vader kills a whole bunch of rebels (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story)

Rogue One is a really good anthology movie despite the slow 20-30 minutes. However, the movie gets better and better and save the best scene for last as we watch Darth Vader in action doing what he does best.

2. The Duel between Father and Son (Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)

This is a dramatic and emotional duel between Vader and Luke, father and son. It's no surprise it is the next clip below. But, this time it's with the Emperor sort of interfering with them and tampering with their emotions.

1. I am Your Father! (Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

A great duel between Vader and Luke before the revelation and come on, it's a little over 35 years old, you should probably figure it out by now or have heard of the reveal. Even if you know it, it is still a dramatic and powerful moment.



HONORABLE MENTIONS

Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett in Asteroid Space (Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones)

Yoda vs. Darth Sidious (Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith)

The Suit's Intro (Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith) - The NOOOO moment was a bit corny.

Han Solo's Intro and a moment with Greedo (Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope)

Rescuing Leia (Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope)

Apology Accepted, Captain Needa! (Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Cloud City Betrayal (Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

The Sarlacc Pit (Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)

The Emperor is Here! (Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)

The Battle in Endor...only in Space! (Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), PG-13, ★★1/2

We're about halfway through the Harry Potter franchise and this is the turning point in which I found the material to be darker and more mature when the storyline surrounding Lord Voldemort grows. And, also we see another new and fresh direction as David Yates comes into the spotlight to finish off the franchise with the last four movies. I remember watching the trailer in the theaters and I was excited for this movie as it was mostly action-packed. The bottom line is despite the camaraderie between the young Hogwarts characters and a real-good action sequence in the climax, it is a choppily edited and more grounded movie that does not provoke much magic or memorable scenery. Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) is enduring a hot summer and Dudley (Harry Melling) provokes him by making fun of the fact that Harry is haunted by Cedric's death from The Goblet of Fire and also his mom's death. As a storm approaches, demeanors come into the tunnel sucking Dudley's so...

The Best 10 Talking Movie Animals

I have to admit when thinking about doing a list of the best movie talking animals, live-action or animated, I thought to myself: "This may be an easy list to do." I was certainly proven wrong because when researching every likable character, it was down to about 25-30. What that proves is that animators, storytellers and filmmakers work real hard on not just its special effects, hand drawn or computer animations, but its persona. How do we, the audience or the viewers, connect with a talking animal? How do you all get us to like the animal? About each of the characters I list have a different personality and charm that we have immediately or have grown to adjust to. Plus, I thought that this was a fun list to do bringing back some of the childhood talking animals that I grew up to watch and also maybe show some of much little cousins the characters that are lovable. 10. Mr. Fox (The Fantastic Mr. Fox) 9. Po (Kung Fu Panda series) 8. Baloo (The Jungle Book) 7...

Non-Stop (2014), PG-13, 3 stars

The passengers think Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) is a terrorist. Airports and airplanes. The lines. The crowds. The delays. Everything that Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) hates about flying. When it comes to airports, I have to go through the procedure with taking your carry-on baggage and luggage on the flight. Then, I go through security which I have to admit is not as bad, just follow the rules and guidelines. After security, what do you do? If you are two or three hours early, you have time to kill: Have something to eat, watch something on your IPad, shop, etc. As you board and get on the plane, anything can happen from turbulence to maybe something unexpected like this movie's situation. This movie is silly and preposterous, but it is a fun movie to watch. The movie opens with Bill Marks tired drinking alcohol and arguing with a supervisor on his cellphone glancing at a photo of his daughter. But, he is trying to get his act together by lighting a cigarette while he is being pus...